Black Cat #13 Black Cat #13

I do music on this here website, and I never really review works, but this is just fantastic. For anything it lacks, it makes up for it with a really palpable human element. I can taste tobacco in my mouth just listening to it.

Great job, dude.

Basset-Hound responds:

Thanks for the review I'm glad you liked it. I checked out your Bowie cover of Space Oddity and it was pretty awesome :) I always liked the vocal harmonies on the song and it seemed like a fun thing to record. It had just the right amount of quality and laughter.

~'{Forbidden Research}'~ ~'{Forbidden Research}'~

Hmm

First off, I think you've got the foundations of a truly awesome track here.

Personally, I think, however, that this track never climaxed, and it needed to.

I didn't like the drums as much as you did, in fact, I thought they sounded like they were building up to the point where they'd get cooler and faster, and didn't.

Despite this, the musical elements in this track are pretty cool, so yes.

In any case, I think it's a good track, and ... yes, well, that's it.

Good luck with the music and your life and all that good stuff.

Techno Tim Techno Tim

Creepy and fun!

I said I'd review one of yours so I am.

Industrial, funky, creepy, and cool!

Love the drumbeat.

BamBamNinja responds:

Thanxs for the review, im glad you like it :)

Link vs. Blizetta Link vs. Blizetta

Decent

It's certainly well produced, though the mixing allows for too much echo, it gets too reverby.

However, I am rating a seven because you gotta stick this in the Video Game category, dude!

Go to My Account, My Audio Submissions, go to Edit under this one, and change it to Video Game from Classical.

Dachampster responds:

Thanks.. yeah, I need to fin tune my music. I thought the echo added to the giant icy chamber feel, but I guess that's a fail. Thanks for the review and info- I changed it to VG.

...

Whoa, you took off THREE points because it was in the wrong category??! Geez.

Final Fantasy X Theme - Remake Final Fantasy X Theme - Remake

Very good...

but personally I can't give higher than a 7/10 because it's not your work.

As a lover of the soundtrack, I did favorite this though.

I have a soft spot for Nobuo.

Midevil Midevil

Hmmm...

Minus 8 for your big loop usage.

Plus three because it turned out well.

beast9368 responds:

why thank you for the 5!!

He's a pirate: PotC He's a pirate: PotC

Not bad.

Liked it. Wasn't energetic enough, IMO.

I did a Pirates themed piece myself, called Blood and Iron Suite. I'd be interested in your take on it.

Thanks!

He's A Pirate(GPO) He's A Pirate(GPO)

Rather good.

I enjoyed this, I thought it was a decent reproduction, with my only gripe being the fact that it seemed to be.... less energetic? than the original.

I actually have a piece on NG which is, though not an exact reproduction, something of a tribute to Zimmer's work on the Pirates soundtrack. It's called Blood And Iron Suite from a soundtrack I'm working on called Hell On High Tide. I'd be interested in your feedback.

Thanks,

Sam

_/The Depths\_ _/The Depths\_

Enjoyable.

An 8 because the transitions were a little too clumsy for me, though when it all came together, it was good music.

I'm a rather new NG Audio artist, please check some of my stuff out.

Thanks,

Sam

ShootingStar responds:

Thanks for the review, I'm not always the best person at doing transitions, Thanks!!

ShootingStar

Remember The Name Name Remix Remember The Name Name Remix

Decent, but gets annoying.

It's ok, but it really needs strings in my opinion.

It is a piece of music that builds naturally, but you never let it climax. Build on it as it progresses, and add more instrumentation.

The kick or whatever that is gets really annoying, though, so I'd keep the first one on full force, and reduce the volume of the next, the next one further, and the next, until the next measure, so it will be like it's echo-ing.

Good job, though.

SOURCE: Professional music composition.

Nitrobluedevil responds:

yeah... but it is a remix so ill put my own instruments in it

yeah the kicks do get annoying